The goalkeeper has excelled with River Plate, so he could be part of the national team at the World Cup in Russia
For a long time, goalkeeper Franco Armani has been asking to be summoned in the Argentine National Team due to his good level. After winning 13 titles with Atlético Nacional de Colombia, Armani decided to leave the Antioquia team and was transferred to the Argentine River Plate.
The native of Casilda, in the province of Santa Fe, was the most prominent player in the match in which River Plate beat Boca Juniors 2-0 in Mendoza, for the title of the Argentine Supercup. In this way, the team won a new title and the goalkeeper obtained the fans’ ovation. After showing a great performance in this game, with his notable saves, the gaucho fans are asking Sampoli to call Armani to participate in Russia 2018.
However, in the friendly games tour of Argentina, Coach Jorge Sampaoli called Sergio Romero, Nahuel Guzman, and Wilfredo Caballero. Then, it is worth asking what would be the five reasons for Franco Armani to be tconsidered for the Russian World Championship?
1. Holder and figure with River Plate: Since his arrival to the team, which is directed by Marcelo 'El Muñeco' Gallardo, Armani has given safety to the team. The goalkeeper has been a figure under the three clubs, because of his spectacular saves. He is a great leader in the field and his reflexes are remarkable.
2. Armani’s saves produce titles: With Atlético Nacional, Armani won 13 titles; among them, the Copa Libertadores in 2016, where he was the great figure of the team. Armani is one of the best goalkeepers on the continent and he is a specialist in stopping penalties. This virtue allowed him to achieve different accomplishments with the Colombian team. In addition, Armani already got his first title with the band.
3. Play rhythm and continuity: Armani acts permanently with River, while Romero and Caballero are not holders in their squads. Therefore, the goalkeeper becomes a great alternative for the World Cup, because of the good competitive pace he has. In the match, in which the Argentines beat Italy 2-0, goalkeeper Wilfredo Caballero gave security to the 'gauchos' and was a figure. However, Armani does not give up and wants to continue showing his conditions in River Plate so that Sampaoli considers him.
4. Motivated and excited: At 31, Franco decided to go to River Plate in search of a place in the Argentina National Team for the 2018 World Cup. "The National Team is always a dream but I have to keep working. This will be a decision of Coach Jorge Sampaoli", said the athlete.
5. First level recognitions: In 2017, Armani became the player with the most titles in the history of Atlético Nacional de Colombia. In addition, in 2016 the goalkeeper was part of the ideal team of the Copa Libertadores and joined the formation of America after his outstanding performance.
For these five reasons, Franco Armani deserves to be called to participate in the Argentine team for the World Cup in Russia, and that is one of his greatest dreams. As much in the fan of Athletic National as in the one of River Plate, Armani has gained a very great place and he is idol by the obtained profits.
The presence of Armani in the Argentinian goal zone would provide the team with security and leadership. Additionally, one of the goalkeeper's strengths is to stop maximum penalty charges. The gaucho country asks Armani to be in the World Cup. Given that, the athlete has said that he should continue to strive and maintain his good performance.
Latin American Post | Daniel Cuevas
Translated from " Las 5 razones por las que Franco Armani debería ser convocado en Argentina"