5 Latin American footballers are notable in the Old Continent and could reach world elite teams
In the European leagues, there are five Latin American players of great level that stand out for their great performance. The athletes have made the difference due to the good football they have shown, which has allowed them to excel and consolidate. Several elite clubs in the 'Old Continent' and worldwide are already asking for them.
The Latin players, Alfredo Morelos in Glasgow, Hirving Lozano with PSV Eindhoven in the Netherlands, Sebastián Coates in Sporting in Lisbon in Portugal, Edison Flores in Aalborg in Denmark, and Matías Kranevitter with Zenit in Russia, show their best every day in Europe.
1. A great scorer in Scotland: The Colombian attacker Alfredo Morelos has had a great performance with the Glasgow Rangers of Scotland. In this team, Morelos has become the scorer of this season. At 21 years old, he has shown his qualities as an annotator.
The fans of Glasgow are amazed by the great level of Morelos, who arrived this season to the team. The player is coming from Helsinki Finland, where he had the opportunity to score 48 goals in 62 games played. They call it 'The Buffalo' because of its strength and speed.
2. Aztec speed in the Netherlands: The Mexican winger Hirving Lozano is standing out in a great way with the PSV Eindhoven of Holland, squad which he reached this season. The player has not disappointed anyone in the team, since his performance has been positive because he scores goals frequently.
Lozano has received several awards from the Dutch League and has been included on several occasions in the ideal matches' formations. The player handles the profile very well. Additionally, the pass and the dribbling are his strengths and his assists behind the backs of the defenders are lethal.
3. 'Charrúa' leadership in Portugal: At 27 years of age, Uruguayan defender Sebastián Coates has consolidated himself at Sporting Lisbon in Portugal. There, the player has shown great conditions and virtues especially in the air game.
Coates is a strong defender at the time of scoring and is quite fast. In addition, the athlete is a positive leader in the field of play as he talks constantly taking care to guide and order each of his teammates. They call him 'El Patron' and in Portuguese soccer, he has received all kinds of praise.
4. A talented Inca midfielder: Peruvian midfielder Edison Flores, known as the 'Orejas' (ears), is a player who currently stands out wearing the Aalborg BK jersey of the Danish Super League. Flores was fundamental in the classification of Peru to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
This creative athelte came in the 2016-2017 season to Aalborg of Denmark from the University of Peru. The athlete has had the opportunity to show each of his conditions with the Danish squad and its virtues are its speed and its powerful mid-distance shots.
5. An Argentine retaining wall: The Argentine midfielder, Matías Kranevitter has become one of the undisputed holders and most outstanding players in the Zenit of St. Petersburg of Russia for his conditions. At 24 years old, Kranevitter has demonstrated brilliant conditions and great leadership.
In Russian soccer, the player has been starting with Zenit and has stood out for his anticipation, brilliant reading of the game, good clearing of the ball, effective delivery of the ball, and excellent shot from mid distance. The conditions of Kranevitter are undeniable and has received various awards in this European country.
These five Latin American players excel in European football. For their good performance, these athletes are already being watched by big elite clubs in the 'Old Continent'.
Latin American Post | Daniel Cuevas
Translated from “ ¿Quiénes son los futbolistas que brillan con luz propia en Europa?”