Visualizing the remodeling of the place where we live is possible with mobile applications, the present and the future at the same time
Technology has found new ways to make our lives easier. Those days when to remodel our house we had to hire an expert to help us with the task is a thing of the past. We are not saying that an app can replace the work of a professional architect or designer, but in this case, at least it will give us a closer look. Then, when we decide to star the remodeling with an expert the modifications in our home will be done in a more effective way. Above all, we will already know in advance how the changes will look, at least in a general and basic view.
Christmas and New Year's Eve holidays are the perfect excuse to make the modification or arrangement in our houses that we have wished during the year. Remodeling can be a good gift that we can give to ourselves or as a family. For this reason, we will review a few apps for this task. The best part is that they are available to download in iOS and Android stores, and they are completely free.
- Handy Level: Do you need a ruler? Easy, with this app you will have it directly on your phone. It is ideal for measuring small things, such as prints or stuccoes on walls, or even for hanging art pictures that are perfectly aligned and straight. Just calibrate the ruler on your cellphone before using it, which is done by placing the phone on a completely flat surface.
- Photo Measures: Throughout this app you will have at hand all the sizes, measures and dimensions of a specific space. All you have to do is take a picture of the space with your smartphone and the exact measurements of the place will be shown on the screen.
- Houzz: With an incredible and impressive bank of images from more than 8 million photographs, the inspiration will easily reach your eyes when you see high quality images of architectural and interior spaces that can serve as a preamble to improve the external and internal spaces of your home.
- Snapshot Showroom: Forget about the hassle of having to buy furniture for your home and having to wait for them to be there to see if they match your house. With this app, you will be able to "accommodate" in your home the beautiful armchair that you want, thanks to the catalogue of several stores and their products. By taking a picture of the space you want to modify, the app overlays the object you have selected from the available stores.
- Pintuco: Our perception and interaction with colors in spaces will change from sky to earth. With a single click you can paint or change the color of your walls: just take a photo and start exploring the more than two thousand colors available by the brand. You will find the best combinations and options to play with the colors before you approach a store and buy the necessary product. According to Jesus Máqruez, Paint Color Manager of Pintuco "it is ideal to know if that selected color paint will work well with the colors of the furniture, before buying and putting it". "It's a great advantage that when you take the photo of the space you want to redecorate, and put the measurements, the app will tell you exactly how much paint you need to buy, avoiding buying more material than necessary".
LatinAmerican Post | Juan Felipe Guerrero
Copy edited by Marcela Peñaloza