Why not pursue your life’s passion in some capacity? Here are six reasons to make doing what you love a priority.
When people choose their careers, they are sometimes blinded by money and so choose to follow the paper trail. Although money is great and can buy us all the things that will temporarily make us happy, no amount of money can buy time. Time is our most valuable asset and it is something, that while on this earth, we should spend most wisely. You shouldn’t feel like you’re mindlessly wasting your life away.
Here are 8 reasons to make doing what you love a priority:
1. It’s fun: There is nothing worse than having to wake up every morning during the week to mindlessly go do work you don’t even care about. However, this is never really an issue when you are passionate about the work you do. If you are not forced to work somewhere because of monetary constraint, you truly enjoy what you do and you never really work a day in your life.
2. Creativity, ideas and energy flow: Being forced to do work is one of the most draining experiences. While there are times at every job where you may feel the work may be draining and dull, you have to realize that not every day is going to be an enjoyable one. There are highs and lows, but when you are passionate about the work you you look past the dull days. Your creative process is also different. You are more inclined to come up with creative ideas when you like what you do.
3. You are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty: Certain obligations at your work will require you to go above and beyond the call of duty. In certain times during the busy seasons, you may be asked to do certain tasks that are not part of your everyday schedule. It is much easier for you to put in the extra work if it’s something you actually care about. Because you are passionate about your job, you will be willing to put in the extra effort to go beyond what is required of you.
4. Even if your dreams fail, you’ll feel proud you gave it your all to accomplish them. Dreamers fail every now and then, but they also learn more in life. You learn from failure. So, dust yourself off and try it again
5. You live an honest life: Nothing is more important than being who you are here to be - it is your only true obligation to yourself and to the world. If you approach it with commitment and an open heart, the rewards will come.
6. You will get more fulfillment when you finally make it: There are few feelings better than achieving a level of success you set out for yourself. Nothing like crossing off your bucket list of goals you set out for yourself to achieve. When you finally reach the pinnacle, it is that much more enjoyable knowing you got there doing something you love. Remember work doesn’t have to be something that you hate doing, stay true to yourself and always do what makes you happy.