A strong, or “intimidating” personality type, can mean something different for everyone. But there are a few traits and characteristics that seem to be inherent in all of them.
Strong or “intimidating” personality types have a specific view about the world. Oftentimes, the hardship or obstacles that one has had to overcome has shaped their personality and character.
Sometimes they come off as rude or crass, but really it’s just their independent ideology and mindset that rubs people the wrong way from time to time.
Here are a 9 ways to tell if you have an intimidating personality:
1. You’re okay with being alone and it’s obvious that you enjoy your own company. Your circles start off small and remain small. Society drives people to want other’s acceptance, we’re bred that way. To be liked is desired more than the desire to be successful. When you seek out social acceptance all the time it’s like sleeping with partner after partner. You give away little pieces of yourself each time until there’s nothing left.
2. People misunderstand you. You don’t set out to offend anyone but at the same time you don’t care what people think. Your ideas, beliefs and shared posts usually range from crazy to bat-shit crazy, extreme even. You don’t need anyone to validate your authenticity, you just continue being yourself. If anyone has a problem, they can remove themselves from your life. Let’s face it; social networking has brought on more judgments.
3. You move heaven and earth to make things happen. You don’t settle for anything less than what you had planned. When shit goes downhill you don’t take it easy. You have to have it all. For some reason people don’t like go-getters, they’re seen as opportunists or too selfish.
4. You hate mundane conversation: Intellectual conversation can be hard to come by, but strong personality types prefer it to the mundane banter that most people turn to in social settings. They welcome people who are intellectually curious, wishing to discuss anything worthwhile. The intimidating part of this is that these people aren’t afraid to tell you that. Especially when it comes to getting work done; they simply don’t have the time for anything but actual substance.
5. You dislike ignorant or intolerant people: For the most part, people with strong personality types enjoy being intellectual by nature. Their natural curiosity has lead them to seek out information regarding all walks of life, so they’re usually quite knowledgeable. Because of this, they typically do not get along with people who speak before thinking or who generally have no idea what they’re talking about. Ignorance stems from having a closed mind, a notion that strong personality types want nothing to do with.
6. You look unapproachable, or give off that energy that says something completely opposite of the way you are. Maybe it’s your clothing, maybe it’s a “don’t fuck with me” attitude displayed in your facial expressions, or maybe it’s just like the animal kingdom and your composure. The alpha male or alpha female struts in and all the other animals take notice and make a mental note to stay the fuck away.
7. You hate when people complain or have excuses: Excuses and complaints are just wasted energy in the eyes of the strong-willed. Strong personality types have worked through undesirable circumstances before, so they know things don’t always go the way you want them to, and they expect others to know the same. Complaining doesn’t serve anyone any good. Instead, they’d rather figure out a solution to the problem so that they can keep moving forward. Strong personalities don’t have time for anyone who’s not 100 percent invested.
8. Strong personality types often carry with them behaviors, attitudes and mannerisms that most people admire. They naturally attract both good and bad people. But, at the end of the day, they’d honestly rather not have any of the attention. This also means that they’d rather put their head down and work than seek out any sort of attention. They’re only worried about finishing whatever needs to be finished.
9. Finally, if you have a strong personality type, you know that hard work is one of the best ways to open up doors for yourself. As if the harder you worked, the better your chances became. A determined work ethic is a tool that strong people use to manifest opportunity where there otherwise would be none. They’re good at recognizing these created opportunities, and they’re going to use them to succeed, whether people are intimidated by their success or not.