Here are some good tips to get rid of that extra weight in 2017.
It´s that time of the year again: time to focus on our new year´s resolutions. Many people begin an exercise program, but abandon it in less than four months. However, you can increase your chances for long-term success if you follow these five simple tips to achieve your fitness goals.
1. Plan goals: It is important to start with a set of long-term and short-term goals to work toward. Some long-term goals might be to run a marathon, enter a fitness contest, do a photoshoot, fit into your favorite outfit or lose a certain number of pounds and inches. Short-term goals might be a pound per week or an inch per month, to wear a certain item of clothing within a month or 2, or lift 3 pounds more with a certain exercise or muscle group within 3 weeks. Figuring out your goals and setting them is what your main objective will be.
2. Increase fluid intake: When you work out more, you need more fluids to replace the minerals and nutrients lost via sweat. Yes, you should be breaking a sweat during your workouts. A great combo drink that will be sure to hydrate is half coconut water and half water. The coconut water, or other sports drink, contains electrolytes and the water hydrates your body.
3. Bring a friend: You may know someone who resolved to start exercising in the New Year. Begin your fitness journey together. It will increase your chances for success and you'll have more fun. For this to work, you have to find an exercise that both of you enjoy. This might be a challenge, but it's worth it since an exercise partner provides you with a support system, a positive social experience and inspiration. There will be times when you don't feel like working out and a partner can be just the motivation you need to get going.
4. Rethink how your attitude to exercise: Embed exercise into your daily routine, and view it as a normal everyday activity. As soon as you realize that exercise is part of your day you will stop any negative responses associated with working out and learn to discover the immense satisfaction that you can gain from it. You need to remember that exercising should be seen as a luxury. When we relate exercising to being a chore we immediately correlate it to a negative mind-set. After all, mind over matter really does play an important role in motivation.
5. Be realistic: One of the biggest problems with New Year's resolutions is they can be extremely impractical. Setting goals is a great idea, but make sure they are realistic and feasible. Think of it as if you were building a house. Start slow (, develop a solid foundation of fitness and then build upon that foundation as your fitness improves.