While being in love is amazing, here are 10 insightful reasons why the single life is more fun than ever before.
I’m convinced most people in long-term relationships are secretly miserable. Sure, it’s nice to have a partner to cuddle with, but relationships can also be terribly inconvenient. If you don’t believe me, consider these surprising benefits of being single.
1. You have time to hang out with your friends. And none of them complain they never see you anymore. Hello, brunch.
2. You can travel on a whim: How do you think a romantic partner would react if you woke up and decided to move overseas, go backpacking through mountains in Iceland, or take a cruise to a tropical destination? They probably wouldn’t be happy if you didn’t include them in that decision. Single people, however, have the freedom to travel without hesitation. If you’re a vagabond at heart, then singlehood might be for you.
3. You can make out with anyone you want. Any time you want.
4. You don’t have to compromise: Relationships are hard work. When you’re single, you don’t have to deal with anyone but you. There’s no fighting, no hurt feelings, life is (mostly) drama-free, and you love it.
5. You only have one Netflix queue, and it’s filled with exactly what you want to watch.
6. You get the whole closet to yourself: No more cramming your clothes into one corner of the closet. Stretch out and take all the space you need, because you get the entire closet all to yourself.
7. You can save tons of time: It’s fun to send flirty texts back and forth, but can you imagine how much time the typical couple spends on their phones? A lot of people get anxious without constant communication, so those texts and phone calls might add up to a loss of several hours per day. Of course, you could just choose a partner who is more independent, but finding such a creature could be a difficult task. If you would rather invest your time in a more productive fashion, then singlehood might be for you.
8. You’ve learned to enjoy being alone: For many people, being alone means being lonely, but not for you. You’ve spent enough time flying solo to appreciate your own good company. You enjoy time with friends but also look forward to being alone. You enjoy solitude.
9. You can wear the same pair of unflattering underwear (and nothing else) for three days in a row.
10. AND Instead of spending money on Valentine’s Day, you can save it for more important things, like sandwiches and doughnuts.